Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Head Unit Wiring Question for 05 Cavalier
Alright head units wired up got a fuse tap and it was real easy thanks for helping me with that...
Of course another problem, the head units working, I dont have the antenna plugged into the back yet but the static is there......Im trying to hook my amp up it seemed to be all going well but when I tried to put the cd in to listen to it the amp shuts off....Everything seems to be wired correctly could anyone tell me the problem??
Of course another problem, the head units working, I dont have the antenna plugged into the back yet but the static is there......Im trying to hook my amp up it seemed to be all going well but when I tried to put the cd in to listen to it the amp shuts off....Everything seems to be wired correctly could anyone tell me the problem??
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
I meant from car to car, car to head unit, and head unit to head unit, color codes are different, I was a little unclear.
Pretty sure doesn't sound like 100% :) I would check again; You may have just mixed up the two connections (Power antenna and Remote wire).
Ground might be a possibility, but is unlikely if the amp works when the stereo is on the radio and shuts off when going to cd. Make sure that the place on the car chassis where the ground is connected is bare metal (sand it down if not) for best contact.
Pretty sure doesn't sound like 100% :) I would check again; You may have just mixed up the two connections (Power antenna and Remote wire).
Ground might be a possibility, but is unlikely if the amp works when the stereo is on the radio and shuts off when going to cd. Make sure that the place on the car chassis where the ground is connected is bare metal (sand it down if not) for best contact.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact:
Okay Ill try to make this as clear as I can, and understandable...
From the head unit there is a solid blue wire, and a blue wire with a white stripe....Im connecting the solid blue to the remote wire that goes to the amp, and the blue/stripe with the blue/stripe from the wiring harness...
Im pretty sure thats right Ive went over it many times and cant see where I went wrong.....the headunit works fine through the factory speakers, but when the cd goes in it shuts the amp off.....I actually dont have the stereo antenna hooked into the head unit yet, (dont listen to the radio, not worried about it), but when its just the static the amp stays on, still cant hear it through my subs though...but the cd mode makes the amp shut off.....
From the head unit there is a solid blue wire, and a blue wire with a white stripe....Im connecting the solid blue to the remote wire that goes to the amp, and the blue/stripe with the blue/stripe from the wiring harness...
Im pretty sure thats right Ive went over it many times and cant see where I went wrong.....the headunit works fine through the factory speakers, but when the cd goes in it shuts the amp off.....I actually dont have the stereo antenna hooked into the head unit yet, (dont listen to the radio, not worried about it), but when its just the static the amp stays on, still cant hear it through my subs though...but the cd mode makes the amp shut off.....
- William from NOLA
- Posts: 5172
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
- Location: Metairie, LA
- Contact: