Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!
Quick Question From A New Member
Quick Question From A New Member
Just picked up new to me car and in it is a panasonic cq-c9700u head unit, just wondering if anyone knows if that's compatible with the ipod adaptor they're selling now or if I'll have to buy a charger and a headphone-jack to rca cord to use my ipod in the car
-
Purple RS
- Senior Member
- Posts: 260
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:53 pm
- Location: Bremerton, WA
- Contact:
I don't think it's compatible, but it uses an AUX input from the rear which you can adapt a mini-headphone jack to and play through the head unit. Still have to use your iPod to control the playlist.
You can download the owner's manual from Panasonic's website.
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support
Enter the model number in the search field and select the view option
Or select the view option from this link
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/st ... reId=15001
You can download the owner's manual from Panasonic's website.
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/support
Enter the model number in the search field and select the view option
Or select the view option from this link
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/st ... reId=15001
thanks for the reply. I got impatient after I posted that and ran over to a local electronics store to see the adapter, then I came home and slid the deck out to have a look. You're right, non-compatible but as a nice little bonus I noted that there was allready a monster cable set of RCAs plugged into the auxillery ports, when I followed them I found a mini-jack, plugged my ipod in and enjoyed the tunes for a half hour celebration.
Now I need a charger.
Now I need a charger.
Nice... Can't beat it when you find that you've already got what ya need 
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
-
smoker
- Master of My Domain
- Posts: 4126
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
- Location: florence, ky
- Contact:
axxess makes an ipod adaptor that is real nice, it has the plug for the bottom of the ipod on one end and power, ground and rcas at the other end for your aux input to the back of the head unit, the advantage is you can charge your ipod and get better sound through the plug at the bottom instead of the 3.5 mm headphone jack