Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 41 matches

by muddybear
Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:51 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: looking for upgrade from JBL GTi components
Replies: 6
Views: 2909

Thanks. I think its mostly a tuning issue. not sure if a external EQ will help much over the 13 band EQ in the deck since I can't get the deck EQ tuned quite right. But I've thought about getting one. I did some tuning for a while today and I have it at an almost flat curve. Which makes Jazz and oth...
by muddybear
Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:04 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: looking for upgrade from JBL GTi components
Replies: 6
Views: 2909

I agree with what you are saying, cause I am not disapointed with them persay, just that I feel it could be better. It could be a tuning problem as well. They do however work really well the louder they go. I think its mostly in my head, that I expected too much from them. I'm thinking the 75 watts ...
by muddybear
Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:00 pm
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: looking for upgrade from JBL GTi components
Replies: 6
Views: 2909

yea, I've seen the brands, and would like to know specific of the their speakers from people that have tried them.
by muddybear
Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:10 am
Forum: Speaker Help
Topic: looking for upgrade from JBL GTi components
Replies: 6
Views: 2909

looking for upgrade from JBL GTi components

I've been running the GTi's for a couple of months now and I really like them, but I don't love them. They get pretty much as loud as I would want, but the SQ is not quite what I want. Its almost like they are too accurate. the tweeters were really strong at first too. I had them mounted at the top ...
by muddybear
Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:10 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Price of 4 channel JL RCA's?
Replies: 14
Views: 5470

just measured it. its actually 18'. Anyways, i'm really pleased witht he quality of them. and it came with little brackets to hold the cables in place. I knew there were cheaper cables that would be just as good. I just wanted to know the price that theses cables usually go for, because I hadn't see...
by muddybear
Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:06 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Price of 4 channel JL RCA's?
Replies: 14
Views: 5470

Audiophile wrote:holy ****!!!

http://WwW.AcArAuDiO.cOm

$59 for 12foot JL audio RCA's
$129 for a complete JL Wiring Kit
i see. but the $59 12' is just a 2 channel. the one i got is more like 20' and its a 4 channel that goes into like one big wire throught the middle section.
by muddybear
Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:47 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Price of 4 channel JL RCA's?
Replies: 14
Views: 5470

Knu link doesn't seem to work. but I picked up the 4 channel JL RCA's for $80. do you think that was too much?
by muddybear
Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:16 pm
Forum: Car Audio Discussion
Topic: Price of 4 channel JL RCA's?
Replies: 14
Views: 5470

Price of 4 channel JL RCA's?

think of getting some JL audio RCA's for my 4 channel amp. The one price I got seemed pretty high. can't remember what is was now. What should they go for? I assume that they will cost quite a bit though. What are some other good RCA cables and prices?
by muddybear
Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:49 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: switched to JL amp. now have a noise
Replies: 3
Views: 2224

could you explain why the feedback would be caused by setting the gain too high on the amp? not trying to say your wrong. Just want to learn more
by muddybear
Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:05 am
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: switched to JL amp. now have a noise
Replies: 3
Views: 2224

switched to JL amp. now have a noise

I previously had a noise after installing a new deck. picked up a ground loop isolator and that got rid of the engine whine noise. the other day I continued on with the upgrading process and installed new speakers. no noise from that. then pulled out the american legacy 4 channel amp and put in a JL...