Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Search found 23 matches

by dynome
Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:05 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Popping sound and hiss
Replies: 45
Views: 13618

Thanks everyone!!!! Sounds killer now!
by dynome
Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:26 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Popping sound and hiss
Replies: 45
Views: 13618

Ya! It works! A little soldering and sounds awesome. I reran the RCA afterwards just for good measure and also grounded the HU to a ground I know will be good. Here's what I did. It's the red wires... http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/dynome/DSC02495.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i124/d...
by dynome
Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:37 pm
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: Rebuild or replace?
Replies: 28
Views: 11670

It's not possible to just say what it is from your description but it could be lifter noise? If this is the what it is, it's probly because of neglected oil changes or let oil get too low. Some minor lifter noise could go away if ya change the oil when supposed to for a while now but not likely to c...
by dynome
Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:31 am
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: Getting to the heads?
Replies: 12
Views: 5613

oh....my bad
by dynome
Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:30 am
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: Rebuild or replace?
Replies: 28
Views: 11670

I think there is a reason why a shop would charge like probly 2K to do something like swap heads on this car.... be prepared to put in some serious hours on this one... good luck! On another note, I'd do some tests to find what's wrong before you tear into it...I think gaskets alone to put that stuf...
by dynome
Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:20 am
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: Getting to the heads?
Replies: 12
Views: 5613

What engine does it have? By plenum, I'm assuming intake manifold stuff. You'll most likely have to remove the valve covers and timing belt or chain unless you have an OHV engine. What year and model and stuff...??
by dynome
Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:17 am
Forum: Performance & Modification
Topic: Fabrication
Replies: 7
Views: 4100

http://www.students.missouri.edu/~sae/p ... /index.php

Look at 5th picture from the very far right of construction photos here. Looks like some styrofoam carved to the shape they wanted then some fiberglass mat over top to me.
by dynome
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:51 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Popping sound and hiss
Replies: 45
Views: 13618

yup it works....slightly actually. I just slipped 1 strand of wire under each of the outer parts of the rca and it cut down probly like 90% on the pop so I think if I just got a better ground on there it will eliminate it. Took everything apart and am going to rerun rca and power wire I think.
by dynome
Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:01 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Popping sound and hiss
Replies: 45
Views: 13618

well, that inner pin definately hasn't touched anything. I am assuming that if I ground the outer part, it will work then...
by dynome
Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:08 pm
Forum: Amplifier Help
Topic: Popping sound and hiss
Replies: 45
Views: 13618

GlassWolf, what about this?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthrea ... ng+rca%27s

Which way is it? Ground that outer connection or don't?