Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Anyone have any experience with...

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Anyone have any experience with...

by veggie-man » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm

haha^

if you bought that amp it would be 200w rms less than what the sub is recomened at. so that is half the power that you could pump to that sub. i would really go with the amp i suggested... cheap and is proper wattage.

darthness- i think i can shit on your sale because this post is mine and its not in the for sale section ;) i know i'm a bastard.

by Darthness » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:27 pm

Minorthreat412 wrote:I might be buying that same D3 sub. My only concern is the wattage. Do you guys think 200 watts RMS will push this sub enough? Sound good? I want the best SQ for the money. Any suggestions?
200w is plenty. my JL 13w1v2 (for sale btw :happy055: im a whore :argh ) sounded great on less than 200w... got pretty loud for a single sub in a sealed box in a DD setup with 120-175w RMS going to it. I have a fair bit of deadener in my trunk (well, not as much as some people, but still alot!) and that realllly helps.

by MrSo0h0o » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:36 pm

ahhh gotcha..

by veggie-man » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:34 pm

MrSo0h0o wrote:why did u lol at that?

That’s my exact setup… and I either told this guy or someone else the same thing 100 times, that’s a perfectly good set-up for the money that your paying for it. :happy055:

Edit: thanks alot for the reassurance on this one… I was about to kick myself in the balls after I saw this.

by MrSo0h0o » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:18 pm

why did u lol at that?

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:56 pm

D3 is my vote

by veggie-man » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:50 pm

by Minorthreat412 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:45 pm

I might be buying that same D3 sub. My only concern is the wattage. Do you guys think 200 watts RMS will push this sub enough? Sound good? I want the best SQ for the money. Any suggestions?

by audiobass10 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:16 pm

I owned a compVR..decent SQ..nothing to shout over..they can get pretty darn loud though..I'd stick with the D3 as well. You can get the CompVr's much cheaper than that now anyways.

by Jonathan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:57 pm

Stick with the D3.

Top