Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Do I need rear speakers?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Do I need rear speakers?

by Darthness » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:51 am

i don't like rear speakers in my car now days... i put some in briefly after i got my sub and took them out the next day. didn't sound nearly as good.

by Jonathan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Horns, PA speakers for midrange, and double midbass drivers are the way to go for loud.

by OnYrMrk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:53 pm

not to a 16yo boy. He wan't loud...

my car only has 4 speakers up front...(K3P's aren't in yet) but it is plenty loud for me. Just not loud enough for him. Then again he is in a band.

go figure.

by JeremyC » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:51 pm

Yeah I perfer the sound of a stereo without rear speakers too. Its funny alot of people say that they want rear speaker till they hear a car without. Then their mind changes pretty quickly.

by Ranger SVO » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:05 pm

Personally I can't afford $900 speakers, but I also do NOT run any rear speakers.

by Mithrandir » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:38 pm

yeah, id rather mount coaxials in the trunk so you can hear the music good when you have the trunk open hehehehe

by OnYrMrk » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:06 pm

rear speakers do have a usage. My son originally wanted just a car that sounded good...now he says he wants loud. So I put in some coax's in the doors, and in the deck and a pair of subs in the trunk. Damn car is loud, and wouldn't have been nearly as loud if I hadn't put the speakers in the rear. His car is louder than mine, although I have much better tonality and imaging. Also it isn't bass heavy.

if you want loud, and I am not talking sub-loud, rear speaker can make all the difference

by Mithrandir » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:41 pm

rear speakers are just to make ur passengers go deaf

by racerraul » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Amen to that...

However... don't let Justins ability to afford a $900 set deter you into thinking you can't have a good front stage without the need for rear speakers for less...

I don't have $900 worth of speakers up front, even if I include the amps that power my speakers up front I dont quite reach $800... so do as he says & give it a try without rear spakers 1st & see what you think...

I have systems in my two cars & neither has rear speakers...

by Justin from Detroit1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 pm

A lot of people have no need for rear speakers. A nice set of front speakers, and a nice subwoofer or two in the trunk is usually plenty for most people. I personally do not use rear speakers, but then again I have $900 components in the front. Do yourself a favor, get the components hooked up and installed and give it a listen before you spend money on the rear speakers. You might be happy with just the front speakers.

Top