Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Headers

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Headers

by joeyc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:03 pm

Oh yeah!!!? Well my truck is slower than dog s@$t!!

by SCOlds » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Yeah, I used to have a Cherokee (Renix, before they made HP higher and torque came lower) and it was a major switch to my 2001 Olds Alero 3.4

RD

by snoogins » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 pm

[quote="cargodz"]That's where most forget about torque... Horsepower's great, but in the end it's not what gets you off the line ]

I'm used to lots of low-end... my cherokee has peak torque/hp @ 2000. :p

by cargodz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:16 pm

snoogins wrote: it really shines on the highway. Low-end...well... not so much.
That's where most forget about torque... Horsepower's great, but in the end it's not what gets you off the line ;)

by snoogins » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:40 pm

I love my Borla kit. Well worth the price.

The 05's are nice too. I drive a 4-dr and it really shines on the highway. Low-end...well... not so much.

by JeremyC » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:40 am

No problem man. Thats why I posted it here. I figured you guys would straiten me out.

Ok so High flow cat, and borla exhaust it is. Well my dad will be happy, he was trying to put the fear of god in me when I said the word "headers."

Well Micheal I take it you carry the cat, what about the exhaust?

by cargodz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:31 am

Even the 03s and 04s have the same problem that I mentioned, due to the manifolds being welded to the block, so you've still got a no go... sorry :(

by JeremyC » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:57 am

Oh yeah I forgot, in order to get the headers to come up, you have to look for an 03, or 04 accord. For some reason they don't show up under 05.

I actually run into this problem a lot, even though the 03-06 accords are all identical.

Thanks for the link on a high flow cat. I had one on my S10, and it gave me a few problems, so I hadn't considered doing one just yet.

by cargodz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:32 am

Well after doing some digging, I've found out that there are "NO" aftermarket headers for the V6 and yes that even includes OBX as they aren't even true headers (they are simply cat eliminators and will throw a check engine code for eliminating the O2 sensors).
But I have found a company that builds a product that services the V6 for something that may be similar for your needs (more power ;) ).
The company is called e-shift Performance and they build what they call a ProCat for the V6 Accords with a transition pipe attached.
After looking around I've found a few people already using them and getting 10+ Hp gains, so it looks to be a nice solution for you.
You can go this page to check em out: http://e-shiftperformance.com/catalog/eprocat.html

Hope this helps ;)

by JeremyC » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:00 am

Thanks Michael, something told me I the OBX wasn't going to be a good choice, but its the only thing I can find.

The car is an 05 accord coupe with the 3.0 liter V6.

Top