Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

thinking about this for the Camaro

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: thinking about this for the Camaro

by Purple RS » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:23 pm

Even though it's designed to be vertical, I've heard others say that locating the mast under the dash pad works for them. Never tried that myself, just second-hand info.

by cargodz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:00 pm

Has anyone here tryed the interior windshield mount antennas?

by Chris from Washington » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:34 pm

What other options do I have, to shave off the factory antenna?

I like the fins, but the ones that do FM just seem to stick out too much.

by cargodz » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:25 pm

Right the BMWs and Acuras alike are for Sat.

by Chris from Washington » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:22 am

What other cars have these types of antennas?

From what I've been reading the BMW ones, aren't for FM. Just SAT and bluetooth.

I also found this one,
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info ... cts_id=344

I would like to find one that isn't as notable tho.

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:10 pm

You coul just toss it on the outside, close the hatch up and run the wire thru the car just to "test" it

The amplified one I got has the turn on lead right at the plug.

by Chris from Washington » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:47 pm

Yep that's the one I found too.

Ya don't like the idea of drilling a hole, unless I know for sure it's going to work. That's why I was hoping to find a factory one from a BMW or Acura (anyone else use them?)

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:38 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Functional-Powered- ... dZViewItem

Thats the one I was looking at for the Alero.

Im just turned off about drilling a hood through the roof of my car. Especially if the reception with this sucks the big one!

I got an Metra amplified antenna from best Buy. $25 deal. It sucks so bad I unhooked it...

by Chris from Washington » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:13 pm

[quote="cargodz"]That's how I knew what styles the BMWs have... I've done a couple installs of H/Us on them ]

Cool :)
I found one on Ebay (looks like an 3rd party thing)
Just wondering the quality of them tho.

I was hoping to find a real ones on there, but so far nothing.

by cargodz » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:52 am

Chris from Washington wrote:They make adapters that would make the BMW work with a standard plug don't they?
That's how I knew what styles the BMWs have... I've done a couple installs of H/Us on them ;)

Top