Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

thinking about this for the Camaro

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

thinking about this for the Camaro

Post by Chris from Washington »

Been thinking about the car, and trying to think of things that would look good once it's all done.

One idea I had, was to shave off the antenna and have it be all smooth on the fender, then near the rear hatch install one of those fin antennas, like you see on the BMW's, and Acuras.

Does anyone know if those would work on a aftermarket deck, do they have a standard plug? Or do they only work with BMW, Acura stereos?

Anyone know where to get them???

I think it would look nice to not have that stupid antenna on the front fender.

Thanks
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

It should be just the standard recepticle. I would go for it.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

The BMWs use either the Motorola style mini male or female antenna adapter ;)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

anyone know any online places to get them?

I like to see some better pictures of them. I think I like the BMW one better then the Acura's but would like to see some more pics. They make adapters that would make the BMW work with a standard plug don't they?
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

E Bay has them.

There are two styles I see. One is standard one is mini. The standard needs a curved surface. The mini I think can be flat. Both are powered and amplified.

Both use standard plugs.

Then you have the sat ready ones also, in the sam styles.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

How are you searching for them on Ebay?

I tried and kept finding 'fake' fins (lol) no drilling required :-/
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Chris from Washington wrote:They make adapters that would make the BMW work with a standard plug don't they?
That's how I knew what styles the BMWs have... I've done a couple installs of H/Us on them ;)
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

[quote="cargodz"]That's how I knew what styles the BMWs have... I've done a couple installs of H/Us on them ]

Cool :)
I found one on Ebay (looks like an 3rd party thing)
Just wondering the quality of them tho.

I was hoping to find a real ones on there, but so far nothing.
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Functional-Powered- ... dZViewItem

Thats the one I was looking at for the Alero.

Im just turned off about drilling a hood through the roof of my car. Especially if the reception with this sucks the big one!

I got an Metra amplified antenna from best Buy. $25 deal. It sucks so bad I unhooked it...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
User avatar
Chris from Washington
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Chris from Washington »

Yep that's the one I found too.

Ya don't like the idea of drilling a hole, unless I know for sure it's going to work. That's why I was hoping to find a factory one from a BMW or Acura (anyone else use them?)
Post Reply