Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Vega V Max

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Vega V Max

by cargodz » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:48 am

The new ones will still hold their own quite nicely ;)

by breakjunki » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:52 am

as to above comment :) why would you think I was assuming bill? :thumbsup
I like the older redish/black vegas alot, but who knows that was like 10 years ago. I might think they suck now.. But the new ones are solid to. I honestly remember alot of the old subs I had getting loud, but compared to brands I've beaten on in the last few years, I'm not sure how they'd hold up..

by CaptainPioneer » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 am

i figured that comment about sane ppl was aimed at bill lol

by colemanyoungerinalaska » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:24 am

are you talking about the old v-max with orange surround or the new ones with black
i prefer the older ones

by cargodz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:40 pm

Agreed... The V-max is a great daily pounder and can get loud without a ton of power... Now to get really loud you gotta step up to the Stroker and Stroker Pro.

by Ryan from Ohio » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:42 pm

I dont think they are anything bad. They look to be of decent quality. Nothing stands out in a positive or negative matter. Just a good sub at a reasonable price.

by breakjunki » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:32 pm

IMO , I think Vegas get forgotten about as a relativly good street beater. They get loud as hell, and are built pretty well. I've had a few pairs, both the old red and black vegas from like 10 years ago, and the new v-max. You can find the 12's for less than $130. And a pair would be loud enough for "most" sane people..

by cargodz » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Don't know how I missed this one... and sorry bout not getting to it sooner.
For your V-max 12 the recommended vented enclosure is for smallest allowable recommendation... I know they should really define that better.
You may want to try WinISD to try some different configurations to give you a better idea ;)

Vega V Max

by dbdrager » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:11 pm

I have been out of the car audio scene for @ 10 years. I am now going to put a system together. I've always ran vega subs. They always needed 2/2.5 cu. ft for the 12's vented. I just got 4 V max 12's dvc. The spec sheet says .75 sealed or 1 cu. ft vented. This sounds too small. Does any one have any input, or soft ware to figure an enclosure for me. I have 15 cu. ft. of space I can use. Will be pushing them with 2 orion 2150's. Thanks for any help

Top