Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Cleaning a Volume Pot/Encoder

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Cleaning a Volume Pot/Encoder

by Fishy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:04 am

Yeah I figured I might have to take the darn thing out of the faceplate. Maybe I'll just leave it alone and sell whoever I give it to on the wonders of remote control operation. That part still works great.

:)

-Fishy

by Ryan from Ohio » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:59 am

I would be very careful with the plastic.

Some of that plastic will crystalize with the cleaner. That happened to me with my motorcycle... :(

Cleaning a Volume Pot/Encoder

by Fishy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:17 am

The rotary volume control has gone wacky on my cde-7831 and I would like to see if I can fix it with a bit of electrical cleaner.

How hard is it take apart a faceplate? Has anyone ever tried to clean a pot/encoder like this? I should be getting a new h/u tomorrow and sure would like to give this thing to someone as a gift. It would be nice if I could make the attempt while its still a part of my system.

Oh, whats a good electrical cleaner? I have some Radio Shack stuff somewhere, but can't seem to find it.

thanks

-Fishy

Top