Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

my new setup

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: my new setup

by cargodz » Tue May 08, 2007 2:15 pm

smoker wrote:i figured simplest is best
guess I'm just to used to doing it the way I do it all the time, and yeah your's is less cofusing for him ;)

by smoker » Tue May 08, 2007 2:05 pm

i figured simplest is best

by cargodz » Tue May 08, 2007 1:55 pm

^ that works too

by smoker » Mon May 07, 2007 4:49 pm

well, cause ive ben busy at work, as in no time at all to even sit down for lunch. if you see me on aim, im usually not there, my work computer just keeps me logged in all the time. plug the bass knob in, set the gain all the way down, hit the sensitivity input switch to whichever position makes it louder and then adjust the gain.........make sure the bass knob is dead center and not all the way to the left....

by hartman » Mon May 07, 2007 3:04 pm

smoker why dont you chime in or why dont you get on aim

by cargodz » Sat May 05, 2007 12:38 pm

hartman wrote:ya the remote sub control knob and my head unit is a jvc kds5050
OK now that I have all the info I can be of a lil more help...
For setting up your amp, leave the remote sub control knob wiring UNPLUGGED and do NOT plug in until you have everything set up... It is simply a remote to allow you to adjust the volume output of the sub and is not important at this time and has no direct affect on your gain... I have the same thing on my amp... or should say had until it got stepped on and it's not needed for the install, but is nice if you see a cop rolling up next to you and you wanna turn the bass down without turning down all of the music from the radio.
As for the reason I asked about your head unit... Your amp has an input sensitivity switch on it to assist in calibrating to the right output voltage of your head unit... one side says 100mV-2V and the other says 2V-8V, so flip the switch to the 2V-8V side as your headunit has 2Volt outputs and it will make adjusting that much easier... Now assuming you already have the amp installed you can now use the directions in the how to adjust your gains with a dmm, then plug your remote sub control back in and that can be adjusted anywhere you like for your prefered listening pleasure and you're all done ;)

by hartman » Sat May 05, 2007 11:05 am

ya the remote sub control knob and my head unit is a jvc kds5050

by cargodz » Sat May 05, 2007 3:50 am

Are you guys talking about the remote sub control knob?

Edit: By the way Hartman... I tryed downloading aim but all it did was freeze up my computer, so no luck there (it's no wonder I hate aol) :p lol

Oh and what head unit are you using? I ask cause your amp has an input sensitivity switch.

by swimmerdude » Fri May 04, 2007 5:40 pm

Terry, what is that sub control knob. I have never used one of them amps before, so i dont know what it is. I dont want to advice him with something when its wrong, so chime in about it!!!!!

by hartman » Fri May 04, 2007 5:15 pm

well ive been talking to swimmerdude and we have decided we dont know what to do with the sub crontol knob because we can only get 5.3 with everything set

Top