by ZeroAccess » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:32 am
I have a friend that works in the USDA as a Chicken Plant Inspector.
The stories he has told me are unreal. Just think about this though, We as a society do not deem the people who deal with our food as worthy. What I mean by that is we pay lawyers and politicians who are just plain corrupt in my opinion to get us out of trouble. If we stayed out of trouble to begin with their services may not be needed as much. Anyways getting off track, the point I am making is how many people out there get paid ANYTHING worthwhile to deal with our (I am including myself) snobby ass attitudes and just downright meanness. Food preparers are known as cheap kid labor.
Think about it the next time you raise hell at a local fastfood joint because the sixteen year old kid whose fighting depression/problems at home/drugs/ just fucking life in general forgot to put a pickle on your burger.
I have a friend that works in the USDA as a Chicken Plant Inspector.
The stories he has told me are unreal. Just think about this though, We as a society do not deem the people who deal with our food as worthy. What I mean by that is we pay lawyers and politicians who are just plain corrupt in my opinion to get us out of trouble. If we stayed out of trouble to begin with their services may not be needed as much. Anyways getting off track, the point I am making is how many people out there get paid ANYTHING worthwhile to deal with our (I am including myself) snobby ass attitudes and just downright meanness. Food preparers are known as cheap kid labor.
Think about it the next time you raise hell at a local fastfood joint because the sixteen year old kid whose fighting depression/problems at home/drugs/ just fucking life in general forgot to put a pickle on your burger.