Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

why doesnt my dash light up now?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: why doesnt my dash light up now?

by solacedagony » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:23 am

MobileAudio219 wrote:Thats a fire waiting to happen, its blowing the fuse for a reason. Do yourself a favor and put the right size fuse back in and fix the problem the right way.
x2!

by lotas » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:08 am

Yeah I wouldn't put a bigger fuse in...



But yeah my taillights work fine. I put these green and blue bulbs in my vents so my vents glow, so I was unplugging and messing around with a lot of harnesses...that could very well be it.

by MobileAudio219 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:55 am

JL Man wrote:i had to put a bigger fuse in it
Thats a fire waiting to happen, its blowing the fuse for a reason. Do yourself a favor and put the right size fuse back in and fix the problem the right way.

by Ryan from Ohio » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:52 am

Have the same problem in the BUick since I bought it.

Ended up getting some LED projectors and pointing in on that stuff.

Never tracked down the actual problem although I suspect it to be a bad wire somewhere as the fuse always blows.

by JL Man » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:15 am

happened to me like last week, my taillights quit working too, it was the fuse under the hood for "tail lamp" that fixed mine. i had to put a bigger fuse in it

by lotas » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:45 am

Thanks guys...I'll make sure to pull everything out and check the harnesses....and I'll check the fuses again.

by Chris from MI » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm

kevinberry1 wrote:If it isn't a fuse I would guess that one of the factory wire harnesses is loose or disconnected.
Yeah my guess would be a wire got pulled loose somewhere behind the dash. Especially if your fuses are all still good. Make sure you check the fuse box onder the hood also not just the one in the car. Just throwing some ideas out there. :words

by kevinberry1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:33 pm

If it isn't a fuse I would guess that one of the factory wire harnesses is loose or disconnected.

by MobileAudio219 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:25 pm

taillights working? i'd get a test light and check the fuses while they are in the fuse panel with the key on...

why doesnt my dash light up now?

by lotas » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:51 pm

Hey guys...I just finished putting my HU in my glove box...screwed the glove box back in. Then I put the stock CD player back in the dash hole for the deck, and that was about that. For some reason now when I switch my lights on, my lights will turn on, but my dash won't light up. Not only will the speedomoter section not light up, but the actual dash with the A/C buttons and all won't light up.

Any ideas? I checked all the fuses and they're fine. Anything else I can check? Can't drive at night at the moment so if you even have a guess throw it out there so I can check. Thanks.

Top