Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

what amp should i get

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: what amp should i get

by MobileAudio219 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 pm

Justin from Detroit wrote:Terrible, stay away. I guess people don't know a great deal when they see it. I'm selling $1000 worth of subs for $400 lol
Justin, if I had the cash right now I would buy those from you, but work has been real slow lately due to some family issues so I'm pretty much busted... I can't believe you havent sold those yet, its a fantasic freakin deal. :bow

by Justin from Detroit1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:10 pm

Terrible, stay away. I guess people don't know a great deal when they see it. I'm selling $1000 worth of subs for $400 lol

by nytroking002 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:31 pm

how good is the power akoustik

by nytroking002 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:18 pm

no i wanted to get some advice before going to look

by swimmerdude » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:08 pm

the spec you are looking at is the efficiency of the speaker. it plays a role in how the speaker works with how much power it is given but it does NOT determine if one subwoofer is louder than another. Have you looked into an Alpine Type R, Kicker CVR or the Hifonics Atlas's?? You could talk to Bill(bwcad1) about the Hifonics, he is an authorized dealer for them. Have you looked at the dealers in your area as to what they carry??

by nytroking002 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:54 pm

when looking for a sub do u want mor decibels or less

by nytroking002 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:11 pm

how good is the Power Acoustik FUBR Series 15" Dual-Voice-Coil 4-Ohm Subwoofer for 179.99 each

by ChibiNawfside119 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:25 pm

Bwcad1 wrote:there is a reason its more expensive in the shops and stores. warranty is the number one thing. on top of that if it breaks you can go right to the place you got it. you dont have to worry about shipping it. there is a reason shop owners like me have to charge higher prices than the internet. and the prices on the internet is the main reason i only sell protected brands.
Thats true, but you guys is WAY more expensive than the online stores. Also, alot of stores offer good warranties on they products. I remeber a boss amp I bought a long time ago had 6 year warranty on it. But yea that shipping stuff is annoying especially if you buy from a shady website. Its so easy for inexperienced folks to get scammed...

SIDE NOTE: Bwcad I cant say Im all that interested in selling that 83 cutlass. Just put to much into it you know...but I can keep a eye out for you. The dude I bought the cutlass from has lots a old schools that still run pretty damn good...

by ChibiNawfside119 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:17 pm

GlassWolf wrote:actually "I want to be heard far away" is called an annoying boomcar kid.
"SPL" competitors build systems designed to burp the stereo at a fixed frequency for a momentary output of peak power to hit their max SPL on a mic, at a sanctioned competition.
Too many people get SPL confused with boomcars.
Here's a protip: Nobody wants to hear your system outside of your car. Especially not 3 cars away at a light or 3 blocks away in their homes.
Okay I aint to sure if your talking to me or not but I never said dude was trying to be a "SPL competitor". I just said he cares more about SPL than SQ. Now if you aint talking to me then my mistake but if so, then get your facts straight cousin...

by GlassWolf » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:38 am

actually "I want to be heard far away" is called an annoying boomcar kid.
"SPL" competitors build systems designed to burp the stereo at a fixed frequency for a momentary output of peak power to hit their max SPL on a mic, at a sanctioned competition.

Too many people get SPL confused with boomcars.

Here's a protip: Nobody wants to hear your system outside of your car. Especially not 3 cars away at a light or 3 blocks away in their homes.

Top