Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Noise coming from amp

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Noise coming from amp

by Minorthreat412 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:09 am

It's this kind of stuff that'll drive you crazy.

by swimmerdude » Mon May 22, 2006 2:53 pm

Just an update... my old amp still works. I hooked it back up to my Kickers and works just fine. My friend still has yet to go through and check his fuses.... he is such a lazy ass.

by Steven » Sun May 21, 2006 8:19 am

test tones dont ruin amps. improper install and abuse ruin installs. and if you smelled burning VCs from hooking the amp up to your subs you were probaly clipping the amp or sending it too much power. im sure there isnt anything wrong with the amp unless you shorted a sub out and it hurt the amp.
Let me barrow your head unit and subs and i'll check it out again, lol....

by swimmerdude » Sat May 20, 2006 6:22 pm

I was planning on calling tomorrow if they are there. I bought it from SonicElectronix cause i wanted to make sure i have a year warranty with it.

by Chris from Washington » Sat May 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Did you say this was a brand new amp?

Might want to see if you can get whoever you bought it from, to swap out the amp.

by swimmerdude » Sat May 20, 2006 6:12 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:I had a fan on my external hard drive, start making this really bad noise right after I bought it.

I opened it up, and peeled back the lable. I then put a small drop of oil into the bearings. That fixed it, and it's been good ever since :)

Hmmm.... that would be easy to do, and sounds like a quick fix, hopefully if i do that, that it is the problem. But i need to find time to take off the case on the amp.... i kinda have a weeks worth of homework to do as i was in florida.... so maybe next weekends project.

by Chris from Washington » Sat May 20, 2006 6:03 pm

swimmerdude wrote:So that means that it just will make that noise or that the fan is already bad??
I had a fan on my external hard drive, start making this really bad noise right after I bought it.

I opened it up, and peeled back the lable. I then put a small drop of oil into the bearings. That fixed it, and it's been good ever since :)

by sinister audio » Sat May 20, 2006 5:47 pm

Steven wrote:I have a friend from work that used a test tone cd and it ruined his MTX mono amp. He gave it to me and i hooked it up , it worked but you could smell the voice coils burning from the subs.

test tones dont ruin amps. improper install and abuse ruin installs. and if you smelled burning VCs from hooking the amp up to your subs you were probaly clipping the amp or sending it too much power. im sure there isnt anything wrong with the amp unless you shorted a sub out and it hurt the amp.

by swimmerdude » Sat May 20, 2006 5:42 pm

GlassWolf wrote:yes the fan can do that. bad bearing. common with cheap fans like the ones used in amps and computers
So that means that it just will make that noise or that the fan is already bad??

by GlassWolf » Sat May 20, 2006 5:39 pm

yes the fan can do that. bad bearing. common with cheap fans like the ones used in amps and computers

Top