by Pasyngr » Sun May 14, 2006 2:05 am
My wife and I bought a 2000 328ci, and yes they are incredible to drive I cant seem to keep it under 80. Handling is great, it seems like all I have to do is think about changing lanes and I am already there. In regards to power, granted you are not going to blow away any porsches, but when you get on it you shure feel like you could. Now the bad side. Oil changes cost 75 bucks, but you only need to change the oil every 15,000 mi. they use there own special blend of synthetic. and if you dont know your way around an engine, you might want to learn. I have yet to take it into the shop for a problem and leave there for less than 500 bucks. Luckely I found out that my neighbor use to be a beemer mechanic so now I do all the work myself but that can be a pain in the ass since alot of their designs make it extreemly difficult too swap out parts. It took me over 6 hrs. to replace the resivour for the radiator b/c I could only get to the hose clamps from underneath after I removed the fan shroud, then doing battle with their custom hose clamps was no picknic. I'm sure there was a simpler way to do it but definatly not an obvious one. All that being said, it is a blast to drive and becouse of its responsiveness and performance a really safe care to drive but money wise it was not a good choice for a commuter car. well thats my personal experiencewith bmw the good and the bad. Hope it helps.
My wife and I bought a 2000 328ci, and yes they are incredible to drive I cant seem to keep it under 80. Handling is great, it seems like all I have to do is think about changing lanes and I am already there. In regards to power, granted you are not going to blow away any porsches, but when you get on it you shure feel like you could. Now the bad side. Oil changes cost 75 bucks, but you only need to change the oil every 15,000 mi. they use there own special blend of synthetic. and if you dont know your way around an engine, you might want to learn. I have yet to take it into the shop for a problem and leave there for less than 500 bucks. Luckely I found out that my neighbor use to be a beemer mechanic so now I do all the work myself but that can be a pain in the ass since alot of their designs make it extreemly difficult too swap out parts. It took me over 6 hrs. to replace the resivour for the radiator b/c I could only get to the hose clamps from underneath after I removed the fan shroud, then doing battle with their custom hose clamps was no picknic. I'm sure there was a simpler way to do it but definatly not an obvious one. All that being said, it is a blast to drive and becouse of its responsiveness and performance a really safe care to drive but money wise it was not a good choice for a commuter car. well thats my personal experiencewith bmw the good and the bad. Hope it helps.