Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Basic wire connection help needed

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Basic wire connection help needed

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:08 pm

install1 wrote:Thanks for replying.
So just to check.
Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected
Did I understand it correct?
Thanks
J
What radio is this?

Usually the radio harness is as follows:

Red 12V switched
Yellow 12V Constant
Black Ground
Blue (in some form with varying stripes) Power Antenna/Amp turn on

Then you run into your speaker connections...

by install1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:33 pm

Many thanks for all replies

Will report back later with good news I hope


J

by Bwcad1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:16 pm

U Got It!

by install1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Thanks for replying.

So just to check.

Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected

Did I understand it correct?

Thanks
J

by Justin from Detroit1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:51 am

Connect the red and yellow, then connect the oranges.

by Ryan from Ohio » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:44 am

install1 wrote:I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.
I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?
I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?
Await any advice
Thanks
J

Its not a matter of matching wire colors but the names of the wires.

I dont use the illumination wire as I like my HU bright all the time.

Basic wire connection help needed

by install1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:35 am

I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.

I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?

I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?

Await any advice

Thanks
J

Top