Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Basic wire connection help needed

Car stereo head units, EQ, and DSP questions.
install1
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am

Basic wire connection help needed

Post by install1 »

I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.

I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?

I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?

Await any advice

Thanks
J
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

install1 wrote:I have a cd radio with Red (+12V) wire, Black (ground) wire, Orange (Memory) wire, and Orange/white (power antenna) wire. However, on my car wiring I have Black (ground) wire, Orange (B+) wire, Yellow (ACC) wire, and Brown/white (illumination lamp) wire.
I understand the cd radio wires, but what are (B+), (ACC), and (illumination lamp) wires?
I have connected black to black as they are both ground, but which colours should I connect to which colours?
Await any advice
Thanks
J

Its not a matter of matching wire colors but the names of the wires.

I dont use the illumination wire as I like my HU bright all the time.
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Justin from Detroit1
Junior Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 6:00 pm
Location: Detroit

Post by Justin from Detroit1 »

Connect the red and yellow, then connect the oranges.
install1
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am

Post by install1 »

Thanks for replying.

So just to check.

Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected

Did I understand it correct?

Thanks
J
Bwcad1
Master of My Domain
Posts: 9312
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:00 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Bwcad1 »

U Got It!
ImageImage


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
install1
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:27 am

Post by install1 »

Many thanks for all replies

Will report back later with good news I hope


J
Ryan from Ohio
Posts: 13308
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

install1 wrote:Thanks for replying.
So just to check.
Black(ground) to black (ground)
Red (+12V) to yellow (ACC)
Orange(memory) to orange (B+)
Brown/white (illumination lamp) - leave this unconnected
Did I understand it correct?
Thanks
J
What radio is this?

Usually the radio harness is as follows:

Red 12V switched
Yellow 12V Constant
Black Ground
Blue (in some form with varying stripes) Power Antenna/Amp turn on

Then you run into your speaker connections...
-Ryan
www.caraudiocentral.net - Your #1 Car Audio Resource on the Net!
Post Reply