Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Ascendants Assassin Line Now Available!

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Ascendants Assassin Line Now Available!

by spkrman » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:23 am

i'll have top stop by AA next time i'm in the area :)

by Jonathan » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:19 am

The Illusion ND-8s are nice, but I'm not sure if it'll really cover down to 40hz. 10i may do it, but it's more of a sub.

Too bad JL doesn't still make the old 8IB4s. They did very well into the midbass region.

by racerraul » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 am

Jonathan wrote: :RE
j/k
What I don't get is this statement:
"The Assassin 8 is the "pocket rocket" of the Ascendant Audio lineup. With an enormous motor for its size, it can squeeze into the smallest of boxes."
Kind of a contradictory statement, don't ya think? I don't get why manufacturers don't realize that people looking for a good 8" (such as myself) are trying to cram them in a tight space like regular cab trucks, or under the seat of an extended cab truck, in which we can't comfortably fit a sub that's 6 or 7 friggin inches deep. Have any of them ever heard of neodymium?
I have agree...

Since Peerless discontinued their HDS 8 with the XLS motor (830491) I have been looking for another 8" that can match it in impact, tonality & output from 40-200 (dedicated midbass). Max depth on it was about 3.8". Not the Shallowest but indeed shallow enough to work into doors.

by Darthness » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:08 am

info on incriminators new line is out :D http://forum.carstereos.org/showthread. ... post600336

by Jonathan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:17 pm

"If you go with Illusion Audio, you can reasily fit a 12" under there "

Yep, I've looked, gotta love a mounting depth of 2.8" for the 10", and the SQ of an Illusion sub :thumbsup Altomobile has some options, too.

by Justin from Detroit1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Jonathan wrote:Kind of a contradictory statement, don't ya think? I don't get why manufacturers don't realize that people looking for a good 8" (such as myself) are trying to cram them in a tight space like regular cab trucks, or under the seat of an extended cab truck, in which we can't comfortably fit a sub that's 6 or 7 friggin inches deep. Have any of them ever heard of neodymium?
If you go with Illusion Audio, you can reasily fit a 12" under there :happy055:

by Jonathan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:54 pm

:RE

j/k

What I don't get is this statement:

"The Assassin 8 is the "pocket rocket" of the Ascendant Audio lineup. With an enormous motor for its size, it can squeeze into the smallest of boxes."

Kind of a contradictory statement, don't ya think? I don't get why manufacturers don't realize that people looking for a good 8" (such as myself) are trying to cram them in a tight space like regular cab trucks, or under the seat of an extended cab truck, in which we can't comfortably fit a sub that's 6 or 7 friggin inches deep. Have any of them ever heard of neodymium?

by Justin from Detroit1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:02 pm

They don't look like anything special. Cheap looking basket, too. everything about the sub looks cheap.

by MobileAudio219 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:50 pm

Darthness wrote:I'm gonna wait for Incriminator's new line before i ge serious about that. that does look niec though.
When does their new line come out?

by Darthness » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:41 pm

I'm gonna wait for Incriminator's new line before i ge serious about that. that does look niec though.

Top