Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Ascendants Assassin Line Now Available!

Post all your general car audio questions here.
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

"If you go with Illusion Audio, you can reasily fit a 12" under there "

Yep, I've looked, gotta love a mounting depth of 2.8" for the 10", and the SQ of an Illusion sub :thumbsup Altomobile has some options, too.
Darthness
Master of My Domain
Posts: 3706
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Post by Darthness »

info on incriminators new line is out :D http://forum.carstereos.org/showthread. ... post600336
Image
- Keith
racerraul
Senior Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Florida

Post by racerraul »

Jonathan wrote: :RE
j/k
What I don't get is this statement:
"The Assassin 8 is the "pocket rocket" of the Ascendant Audio lineup. With an enormous motor for its size, it can squeeze into the smallest of boxes."
Kind of a contradictory statement, don't ya think? I don't get why manufacturers don't realize that people looking for a good 8" (such as myself) are trying to cram them in a tight space like regular cab trucks, or under the seat of an extended cab truck, in which we can't comfortably fit a sub that's 6 or 7 friggin inches deep. Have any of them ever heard of neodymium?
I have agree...

Since Peerless discontinued their HDS 8 with the XLS motor (830491) I have been looking for another 8" that can match it in impact, tonality & output from 40-200 (dedicated midbass). Max depth on it was about 3.8". Not the Shallowest but indeed shallow enough to work into doors.
Jonathan
Master of My Domain
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:44 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by Jonathan »

The Illusion ND-8s are nice, but I'm not sure if it'll really cover down to 40hz. 10i may do it, but it's more of a sub.

Too bad JL doesn't still make the old 8IB4s. They did very well into the midbass region.
spkrman
Senior Member
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by spkrman »

i'll have top stop by AA next time i'm in the area :)
Post Reply