by audiobass10 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:15 am
I had a very similar problem with my Kicker DX700. The amp internals looked perfect to the eye, but something went screwy with it. I'm willing to bet if you swap out the amps it will be ok. I still to this day have no idea what went wrong with my amp. I switched to a Profile AP1000M (cheapy) and it worked flawlessly. I suppose it could be something electrical, but more than likely you just need a new amp. It sucks, but it happens.
I had a very similar problem with my Kicker DX700. The amp internals looked perfect to the eye, but something went screwy with it. I'm willing to bet if you swap out the amps it will be ok. I still to this day have no idea what went wrong with my amp. I switched to a Profile AP1000M (cheapy) and it worked flawlessly. I suppose it could be something electrical, but more than likely you just need a new amp. It sucks, but it happens.