Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 am

allaboutfun wrote:New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum,

wow, now that is old school right there!!

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 am

allaboutfun wrote:New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum,

wow, now that is old school right there!!

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by allaboutfun » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 am

New guy here. My first car was a '68 Bonneville 2 door. It had an 8 track player and Jensen coaxials in the rear deck. The rear window had a leak so every time it would rain, the right speaker would fill with water. I'd unscrew it, dump the water out, reinstall it and it would keep on rockin'. Those speakers were awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:14 am

I really thought this thread would be more popular. There seems to be so much interest in older equipment now a days.

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:12 am

GlassWolf wrote:I still have tons of it. Mostly Alpine and Orion from the early 1990s. Some Pioneer Premier, Cerwin-Vega (just re-foamed the LE-12D subs), some DynAudio, and a few other odds and ends.
I have a collection of vintage 1980s home audio too (Pioneer Elite, Onkyo/Integra, KEF Reference, Nakamichi)
Cool, would love to see some pics of some of them.
If you ever get a chance, post some here.

I'm hoping this thread can become an archive of cool old school audio equipment and related items.

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by GlassWolf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 am

I still have tons of it. Mostly Alpine and Orion from the early 1990s. Some Pioneer Premier, Cerwin-Vega (just re-foamed the LE-12D subs), some DynAudio, and a few other odds and ends.
I have a collection of vintage 1980s home audio too (Pioneer Elite, Onkyo/Integra, KEF Reference, Nakamichi)

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Chris from Washington wrote:Not sure why I got this, I must have sent them a letter about something.

But here is a letter from Kicker Dated: January 1997
Image
I think all of those places they listed as authorized dealers have closed down.
There is still a FOSS car audio, but I don't think it's the same place as it was back then.

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:38 pm

nobody else has any old stuff laying around to post?

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Not sure why I got this, I must have sent them a letter about something.

But here is a letter from Kicker Dated: January 1997
Image

Re: Anybody still have their old school car audio equipment?

by Chris from Washington » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Car Sound November 96
Image

Top