Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Pioneer or kenwood

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Pioneer or kenwood

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

by alucke » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:05 pm

I broke down and got a Kenwood excelon dnx691hd. Installed it in my 2008 dodge grand caravan sxt 4.0 minivan. Everything works great on it. I like the new streamlined GUI, I don't use the HDMI/mhl input. I love the new nav GUI, it 100% easier to use. I would recommend the excelon dnx691hd. Even the startup time is faster than the previous Kenwood excelon units.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

by alucke » Wed May 14, 2014 9:43 am

Think I will stick with kenwood

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

by Chris from Washington » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 am

I was actually looking at the Pionneers a while back, not sure if they changed them or not.
but what I didn't like was that they didn't use a capacitive screen on them. Looks like you need to go to the 8000 for that.

For a 1200 unit, it should have a better screen.

Re: Pioneer or kenwood

by spinningbull » Sun May 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Im looking at the same ones, plus the pioneer 8000. Im installing them in a yukon xl denali, so dual zone (rear) is important. Would love to hear others opinions...


Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Pioneer or kenwood

by alucke » Sat May 10, 2014 4:04 pm

I am in the market for a new navigation receiver. I am looking the Kenwood excelon dnx891hd or the pioneer avic7000nex. The Kenwood has 4 1/2 stars, 5 volt preamp outputs, the pioneer has 5 stars and 4 volt preamp outputs. Which one is better? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Top