Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Car Washing?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Car Washing?

by JeremyC » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Well I started the day with a Husky 1600 PSI Electric power washer. Reviews were pretty poor, but Home depot gave me a 20% discount on an open box. So I figured I would give it a chance.

Put it together, turned on the switch.....

Pump was froze up.

P.O.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I took it back, asked for my money, and headed over to Lowes.

Figured I'm going gas, might as well got a good one.

http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/pressure ... deca.22974

So far I love it.

Oh and Bill, I got one of thses at walmart, and it seems to be doing the trick. Flow is fast enough it doesn't affect the output, and I didn't have any problems with water spots.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Water-F ... e/14504321

by William from NOLA » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:49 pm

JeremyC wrote:6 Months?!?!?!?! Must be nice.
It does get quite dirty. lol. I just don't have the time or energy is the main reason.

by sinister audio » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:17 am

try to find a carwash gas station, a lot of those give discounts when you get gas there, thats what I do on my bimmer and I do it every week or so.

by JeremyC » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:18 pm

6 Months?!?!?!?! Must be nice.

Black car + dessert = washing every week or two.

Guess I can't complain.... White car and lots of rain = the same thing. Poor Bill lol

by William from NOLA » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:27 pm

I would advise against a pressure washer. It can take the paint off quickly if you get too close. It happened on some hub caps of mine from my first car lol.

What I do is a normal quick wash, followed by a clay bar pass, and finish with wax. Granted I only wash every 6 months, this works good for me. I don't get any water spots. Clay barring a full size truck sucks lol

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:22 pm

2600 is more than enough i think 2k would be fine.

by JeremyC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 pm

Hey Bill, you said you've got a 2600 PSI washer. Think 2K would cut it, or do I need to be up around 2500?

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:41 am

Thats pretty expensive and im sure you cannot use it with a pressure washer. there has to be a cheaper way.

by JeremyC » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 am

by Bwcad1 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am

I just have a small 2600psi. The drop in pressure may not be bad as far as washing a car. You dont really need massive pressures to knock the dirt off.

Top