Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Car Washing?

Anything not related or doesnt fit another Forum.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

I would advise against a pressure washer. It can take the paint off quickly if you get too close. It happened on some hub caps of mine from my first car lol.

What I do is a normal quick wash, followed by a clay bar pass, and finish with wax. Granted I only wash every 6 months, this works good for me. I don't get any water spots. Clay barring a full size truck sucks lol
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

6 Months?!?!?!?! Must be nice.

Black car + dessert = washing every week or two.

Guess I can't complain.... White car and lots of rain = the same thing. Poor Bill lol
sinister audio
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Location: Watertown, South Dakota
Contact:

Post by sinister audio »

try to find a carwash gas station, a lot of those give discounts when you get gas there, thats what I do on my bimmer and I do it every week or so.
User avatar
William from NOLA
Posts: 5172
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Metairie, LA
Contact:

Post by William from NOLA »

JeremyC wrote:6 Months?!?!?!?! Must be nice.
It does get quite dirty. lol. I just don't have the time or energy is the main reason.
A.K.A. megahurts4 :: Member since: July 19, 2002 :eek:
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

Well I started the day with a Husky 1600 PSI Electric power washer. Reviews were pretty poor, but Home depot gave me a 20% discount on an open box. So I figured I would give it a chance.

Put it together, turned on the switch.....

Pump was froze up.

P.O.S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I took it back, asked for my money, and headed over to Lowes.

Figured I'm going gas, might as well got a good one.

http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/pressure ... deca.22974

So far I love it.

Oh and Bill, I got one of thses at walmart, and it seems to be doing the trick. Flow is fast enough it doesn't affect the output, and I didn't have any problems with water spots.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Water-F ... e/14504321
Post Reply