by falkenbd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:24 am
if you want your subs to blend, its important to get phase right. Killing any rattles any the trunk or from behind you can help as well.
If your subs are 9db hot, you'll have a hard time blending them as well. I adjust mine all the time, about -8 on the bit one and they blend well, bass can be right up front. Once I start turning it up, the loudness of the bass becomes strong enough to localize the subs.
Keep in mind some of these imaging cues aren't the music itself, but the small subtle noises in the trim panels, and the tactile cues from behind.
EDIT:: I just realized that jeremyC addressed this above, I guess take this as a reinforcement.
if you want your subs to blend, its important to get phase right. Killing any rattles any the trunk or from behind you can help as well.
If your subs are 9db hot, you'll have a hard time blending them as well. I adjust mine all the time, about -8 on the bit one and they blend well, bass can be right up front. Once I start turning it up, the loudness of the bass becomes strong enough to localize the subs.
Keep in mind some of these imaging cues aren't the music itself, but the small subtle noises in the trim panels, and the tactile cues from behind.
EDIT:: I just realized that jeremyC addressed this above, I guess take this as a reinforcement.