Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Wire w/ White Line + or -?

Post a reply

Confirmation code
Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive.
Smilies
:awesome: :argh :ditto :inout :words :bow :cheers: :bigwink: :fing02: :sad017: :scorp: :o :D ;) :p :unwell028 :tongue017 :thumbsup :surprised :sm29: :angry011: :angry015: :angry012: :nono: :angry010: :nono :banghead :mad: :dif :angry :CRZ_13: :eek: :confused: :confused0 :confused :( :sad: :cool: :dance :mecry: :jesterlol :embarrass :flame: :doh :evil019: :evil001: :rolleyes: :sub:
View more smilies

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Wire w/ White Line + or -?

by CaptainPioneer » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:22 pm

Well if you were to look at my system it would be the complete opposite. I use the line wire as positive all the time.

by Tim » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 pm

Generally speaking, a stripe on a wire is indicative of negative. Not always the case, though. I have seen the stripe be positive.

Tim

by NorthQuad » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Well, must have been negative because they sound nice and crispy.

by NorthQuad » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:51 am

I purchased the SPX-17PRO set for $200 or so less then retail at a local place. I'll find out today if that was too much.

I found a Digital Designs dealer in town and probably would have tried a set of those instead had I found him sooner. I dunno, guess I'll know soon enough.

by CaptainPioneer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:29 am

yea on the alpines the anything with the stripe is usually the negative.

How much for the tweets if thats ok to ask?

I would consider purchasing some alpine pro's for my truck since my highs have not been coming through the way I want with just comps.

by Ryan from Ohio » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 am

Run a phase check on it after its done.

by falkenbd » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:13 pm

I've bought quite a few speakers that came with speaker wire. normally the striped is neg.

You're welcome

by NorthQuad » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:03 pm

falkenbd wrote:I'd guess negative. Is polarity marked on the tweeter?
No, nothing is marked. I've checked the Alpine site and also the manual it came with... but no action'.

I found a sketch of other Alpine tweeters (online) that had the striped wire as negative. So, I hope they follow that route with every model. I'll go with stripe as negative.

Thanks man.

by falkenbd » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:28 pm

I'd guess negative. Is polarity marked on the tweeter?

Wire w/ White Line + or -?

by NorthQuad » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm

I can't frickin' figure it out. I'm an idiot.

On the Alpine Pro tweeters, is the wire with the white line positive or negative?

Is the white line usually positive? That's what I'm thinking.

Thanks.

Top