by Jonathan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:09 pm
I think we should make an individual guide summing up recommended system design
I.E.: stuff to choose for value, stuff to choose for no holds barred performance. Give a good enough variety from members of the forum that it doesn't look like something biased to our own experiences/preferences.
Basically an idiot-proof (don't mean for that to sound harsh) way of getting a good/great quality system. You would, however, have to stick with solid, proven market performers and not the "boner of the month" kind of products.
It'd be a good way of narrowing down to specifics instead of "I know brand "x" makes garbage amplifiers, but so and so said their speakers are pretty good for the money" which may be the case, but really complicates the good, bad and ugly format.
I think we should make an individual guide summing up recommended system design
I.E.: stuff to choose for value, stuff to choose for no holds barred performance. Give a good enough variety from members of the forum that it doesn't look like something biased to our own experiences/preferences.
Basically an idiot-proof (don't mean for that to sound harsh) way of getting a good/great quality system. You would, however, have to stick with solid, proven market performers and not the "boner of the month" kind of products.
It'd be a good way of narrowing down to specifics instead of "I know brand "x" makes garbage amplifiers, but so and so said their speakers are pretty good for the money" which may be the case, but really complicates the good, bad and ugly format.