Page 1 of 2
sad day..
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 pm
by Scarrell
welp, read thread here(im darkcyde on there).. i dont think you need to be a member:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f107/cool ... ow-349506/
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Oh man, owned badly.
That sucks nuts man. I had to do the intake on the Alero and After I got the lower off I made sure to place towels in there to keep anything from falling in.
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 pm
by Scarrell
well i did that, but i didnt cover the valleys, but i didnt think it mattered.. but if you read more of the thread, i scored a 350v8 and a turbo 350 for $200 :)
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:57 pm
by William from NOLA
Man, I don't even know if I would call it a sad day. Frustrating, yes, but sad, well, a 350 and tranny for $200 makes up for it :)
You'll have your little truck meowing in no time.
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:26 am
by CaptainPioneer
I agree... the only set back is that you have some work to do and even then my cuz did a 350 swap on his old S10 by himself... said it was no prob
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:51 am
by Bwcad1
350 swaps aint to bad. i would look and see if you can find a turbo 350 trans i think the 4L60E Bolts up but im not positive
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:07 am
by CaptainPioneer
I would have to ask my cuz how he did it... I think he was able to bolt right on up with his 350... but i think he might have changed the motor mounts out
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:50 am
by Scarrell
the things i do know are that i do need new motor mounts, and some headers for clearance.. and yes the the stock 4l60e will bolt up, but for $200 it came with the 350 and the turbo 350 tranny.. from what ive been told the 4l60e would handle a mild 350, but i may aswell use the turbo 350 that comes with it.
Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:52 am
by William from NOLA
Better safe then sorry :)
...and be fast rather than slow

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:12 am
by Bwcad1
Scarrell wrote:the things i do know are that i do need new motor mounts, and some headers for clearance.. and yes the the stock 4l60e will bolt up, but for $200 it came with the 350 and the turbo 350 tranny.. from what ive been told the 4l60e would handle a mild 350, but i may aswell use the turbo 350 that comes with it.
Much better combo 11 points for a job well done.