Page 1 of 2

Divx player

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:39 pm
by OnYrMrk
Hey guys,

I am wondering if there is a maker of Headunits that will play Divx-coded videos? I am looking at broadening my horizons and going with a Video-based system.

I am not, however, willing to sacrifice good sound just so that it can play Divx videos..so no offbrands or anything.

anyone have an idea?

--Joe

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:48 pm
by William from NOLA
You may have to go the car-pc route if there are none.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:02 pm
by OnYrMrk
That isn't out of the question William. I have been thinking about that alot and use the double-din opening to be the location of a frenched-in touchscreen monitor.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:06 pm
by cargodz
Answer: the new JVC KD-ADV38 is Div-X certified ;)
So was last years KD-AVX33

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:57 pm
by OnYrMrk
What kind of price Michael?

Also what can you tell me about KW-AVX800 and a price on that one too.

You can PM me the prices if you don't want to list them here.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 pm
by cargodz
You have a PM sir.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 pm
by joeyc
oh oh oh lets do a car pc in there Joe! Core 2 Duo extreme? lol

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:36 pm
by OnYrMrk
If I am doing a car pc, I will go quad core

but it isn't out of the question Joey....

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:42 pm
by joeyc
quad core would be ok I guess :p

nice micro atx board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813131237
overkill maybe? nah 109db signal to noise ratio
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6829102014

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 pm
by colemanyoungerinalaska
what would you need all that processing power for in a carputer?