Page 1 of 1

Surprised

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:07 pm
by coot
Well since i hooked my ssd up have had a few window issues with the jeep. My passenger front window came off track the other day so today went to try to fix it. When i started poppinf off the door panel i knew right away something was odd. Instead of just seeing the holow door there was some kind of foam lining that kind of had the dynomat look to it and then i saw the door speaker said alpine on the tweet. So i was like cool and took the speaker back to see the model number they are the SPS-1326 5.25's. Not sure how old they are, but they have to be at least four years old. Then i got to wondering if thats what was in the back to in roof too. Well as soon as i staterd to drop that down i see crossovers. The roof concealed Eclipse 8953 point source 5.25 and there crossovers. Again dont know the age either but its still like christmas all over again cause this whole time i thought i just had the factory stuff in there.
If anyone knows the age or has and info on these speakers i would appreciate it

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm
by cargodz
Well I couldn't find much on the speakers, but from what I have found as far as timeline goes, I'd put them in the 1999 to 2000 model year range, because my audio directories go back as far as 2001-2002 model years... I know that's not much help, but at least it gives you an idea of when they were produced.
Oh and by the way congrats on the find, as even though they're old, I'm sure they're better than stock :)

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:35 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Get them Point Source speakers to the front PRONTO.

Them are good speakers.

The S series alpine are lower end.

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm
by joeyc
goose speakers? lol

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:08 pm
by cargodz
joeyc wrote:goose speakers? lol
I've heard of horns, but I didn't think they actually honked at you like a goose :p LOL


Pretty sure it was a typo that was supposed to be "Good", but who knows, maybe they were eclipses get your goose line up :p ... :D

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:28 pm
by joeyc
yeah I figured it was a typo, just had to give him a little shish

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm
by cargodz
joeyc wrote:yeah I figured it was a typo, just had to give him a little shish
You'll notice I took a lil advantage of that too after you mentioned it :happy055:

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:23 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
They honk very good

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 pm
by cargodz
Ryan from Ohio wrote:They honk very good
^ LMAO :p

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 pm
by Robert Wollenberg
The point source speakers are pretty nice. I used to sell those. They were my favorite speakers of the ones we sold at that time.