Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Eclipse DVC8122 12" Subwoofer, XA1000

Post all your general car audio questions here.
shagdrum
Junior Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:29 pm

Eclipse DVC8122 12" Subwoofer, XA1000

Post by shagdrum »

I have one Eclipse DVC8122 12" sub. (never got a manuel with it) and a Eclipse XA1000 amp which I was thinkin of using to power it. Would this be enough power for this sub? It is rated at 480 RMS @ 2ohm, but I know that this sub is very power hungry. I don't know the exact specs for the sub, and. I also need to know what size sealed box to build for this sub. Any input about this sub and/or this setup would be appriciated. Also, FWIW, The headunit in this setup is currently a Eclipse CD8052 with an 8 volt pre-out. Thanks.