Page 1 of 1

I have the worse luck.

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:11 am
by Chris from Washington
Saw an add on craigslist for a 91 Camaro for sale, bad engine. But the guy only wanted 350 for the whole car.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/car/410322808.html

I could have taken all the GFX and Tranny from it, and put in mine.

He said first come with cash and trailer can have it.
So I emailed him yesterday about it, no response until this morning. I told him, since I don't live close to him (about an hour and a half away) That I could paypal him 400 to cover any paypal fees, and to also hold it until tomorrow, so I can get my friend with a trailer to drive up there with me.

He responds, already sold it.

darn it, I could have used a ton of parts off that car.

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:32 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Lol,

CL is a bitch at times.

I just bought a Kayak on it last week.

Sold my Ex's Bike I bought her years ago on it. I put it up as make offer. Had some stupid offers then a $60 one. That was like on a thursday. Said they would come get it on Wednesday. In the meantime someone e mails me and offers $100. I couldnt pass it up.

They came and got it Wednesday morning. After they left I e mailed the other person who was supposed to come get it. needless to say they were pissed.

But hey, I had $40 more in my pocket!

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:37 am
by cargodz
I've had plenty a good deal like that slip through my fingers so I know how ya feel.

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:37 am
by William from NOLA
Dang. Don't feel too bad. At least you didn't put out 100's of job applications and only get a few responses.

Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 pm
by Chris from Washington
Ya I'm still pretty ticked about it.

I had a trailer lined up and someone to help me push the car up on the trailer and everything.

I could have used so many parts on that car, and then anything I didn't need I could have turned around and made a profit selling.

dang that sucks.