Page 1 of 2
New Deck
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:01 pm
by Imoapie
Can anyone recommend a good deck? Only feature I really care about is detachable face but thats pretty much standard. I'd like to spend under 200 but could be swayed to spend more if it is a must have. Could be an older model as this is for my second car.
Thanks in advance.
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:10 pm
by Imoapie
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:18 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Alpine looks much nicer... Probably built better also.
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:57 pm
by loudwagon15s
x2, i'd side with the alpine
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:06 am
by cargodz
Alpine over Clarion
Might wanna look into some of the JVCs too.
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:31 am
by Robert Wollenberg
Pioneer Premier and Eclipse have always been my favorites. Although Eclipse doesn't have detachable faces, unless they've changed that. Here lately I've been eyeing some Alpine products. Only because of the H701 processor though. Nakamichi is another brand I've always liked, but they don't have detachable faces either. They also get crossed off my list at buy time for one reason or another, usually lack of flexability (no processing power and the one deck I really like doesn't play MP3s, and that's a must now-a-days).
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:10 am
by CaptainPioneer
I like the Pioneers better... and that Alpine is not up to the same build quality as their other models... If your in a real pinch check out Ebay and u can really snag a nice Pioneer Premier HU off there
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:23 am
by Bwcad1
alpin has slid drasticly over the last few years. i got with kenwood or panasonic.
pioneer premier is still top of the line but i wouldnt buy the lower end stuff anymore.
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:49 am
by Imoapie
So Pioneer huh. What about the DEH-P390MP.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PIONEER-DEH-P39 ... dZViewItem
Seems like it has all of the features I want.
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:04 am
by Fillmore Slim
cargodz wrote:Alpine over Clarion
Might wanna look into some of the JVCs too.
I always thought Clarions were better quality than JVC. Is that a mistaken assessment?