Page 1 of 1
New toy
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:40 pm
by Imoapie
Picked up at 97 Wrangler today. Anyone have any experience with these? What am I getting myself into. The trunk isn't huge, hoping I can at least fit a 12 in there.

Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:54 pm
by cargodz
You don't really NEED a back seat do ya?
Wranglers are fun... I had an old CJ that was a blast, but not really much for a good sound system unless you get a hard top... and don't waste your money on the pods for the speakers under the roll bar... they don't sound good at all, my buddy had them and you couldn't hear a thing with the top down rolling down the road... so just concentrate on the front stage and add some decent bass.
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:59 pm
by Imoapie
Well it is a hard top at the momment, but I don't forsee myself driving with the top on most days (this is my second vehicle for weekend adventures). There is a sound bar overhead which is what I believe you are referring too. My roomate has an 04 with a bazooka tube in the back and infinity 2 ways (guessing they're two ways) overhead and it doesn't sound half bad. Off course the bass is not as rich but it works. I do have a JL12W3 sitting at home that I've been waiting to put in the jeep but I'm praying there is enough room at this point. Now I will have to get some decent speakers for the front. I'm thinking components, maybe CDT or JL. I'd like to spend no more than 300 on the speakers so I am open to suggestions. I have a 5 channel amp that will power these and the sub. It is a hifonics I believe puts out 500rms. 350 to sub and rest....don't remember, will check specs later.
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:54 pm
by smoker
last jeep my buddy had, we put a fuel injected 5.0 from an 86 mustang in it, complete custom drivetrain and suspension......it was bad ass....had an f250 5 spd in it and transfer case......with the front and rear independent locking hubs....