Page 1 of 6

What do you do for a living?

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:09 am
by MobileAudio219
Tell us about your job.

I work in an aerosal can factory. Its a pretty interesting place to work, its definitely not for everybody though. If cans blowing up or shooting across the factory would scare you then you'd probably wouldnt want to working here.

But anyways, I run the capper there. Its basically just like it sounds, puts the caps on the cans. I run other machinery every once in a while, but the capper is a p.o.s and nobody else on my shift is very good at running it, so unless we not using it I'm using the one who gets stuck running it.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:38 am
by Ryan from Ohio
Well I left the cushy office job and went back out on the floor. The work is a bit more rewarding at times. Lot more stressful.

Machinist by trade, but I do CAD work on the side. I run everything in our shop except the wire EDM. only one person there runs it...

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:30 am
by Imoapie
Well I'm a long time lurker of the forum but just recently started to post. Anyway, I work for an investment bank in NYC but started/starting a side business of concrete resurfacing on the side as handyman work was always in my heart.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:26 am
by JeremyC
Lets see, full time I work on F16s, trouble shooting the computer and electronic systems, and repairing them.

Part time I do construction work and car stereo installs, along with about anything else that comes up.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:15 am
by solacedagony
I work in a warehouse/fulfillment department for a printing company. Just finished up community college with a 4.0 so I'm hoping to get accepted into an electrical engineering program at a university around my area.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:52 am
by joeyc
I've been in the painting/remodeling business since I was a young lad. :p I do trim carpentry, countertops, sheetrock, framing, electrical :p , plumbing, fart, burp, I can do it all! lol Oh yeah, I have a little side business venture as well.....car audio.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:01 am
by MobileAudio219
I also do a few side jobs... Mainly lawn care and mechanic work, but do a few car audio related jobs every now and again...

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:14 am
by smoker
i own and operate a custom car shop, mainly audio related but also do window tint, wheels, some suspension stuff(hydraulics,air ride, lowering)...also do commercial and residential flat glass tinting....

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am
by Darthness
i work at wally world. in college now and looking for a job in IT soon.

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:19 am
by breakjunki
Until about a year ago, I've always installed audio/video and appliances. Mostly Big Screens, Lcd, Tvs and stuff, Alot iof in the wall/ceiling and surround surround sound stuff. ALot of appliance installs, big a$$ Subzero 1000lb built in monsters. Dishwahers, its pretty cool. I've done it for about 10 years, but last year I herniated 2 disks, bulged 3 and did some major nerve damage, so now at the ripe old age of about 30, I'm currently on diability awaiting back surgery(woo-hoo). But its kinda cool in a way, because of this the full costs for me to complete school to finish my computer IT degree are paid in full.. schweet... well once the rip a few pieces of back out and stuff :thumbsup