Page 1 of 1
JONATHON your dream speakers
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:24 pm
by virulentv
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:17 pm
by solacedagony
Price doesn't always equal performance. Especially when you get up into prices that extraordinary. You hit the wall of diminishing returns long, long ago. And btw, Rainbow makes a reference series which goes for about $10k/set.
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:07 pm
by subster87
wear can ya buy rainbows???
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:03 am
by swimmerdude
there are a few dealers scattered through out the states. Rainbow is made over in Germany, so they come to us through a distributor. I was talking to a Rainbow dealer a while back and i did know the distributor site. If anyone wants either or, i can go look and find it.
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:18 pm
by Jonathan
The tweeters are the best thing that come with that set, really nice compact tweets. The midbass drivers-there are plenty I'd rather have for substantially cheaper. I doubt I'd ever pay that much for component speakers, especially considering the fact that active crossovers and processors are so plentiful nowadays. Hell, I'd rather sit down and design passives and save the money.
Nice set, though.
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 am
by GlassWolf
The rainbow reference component set isn't for sale in the US market.