Attention all members!
Have a cool ride? Then show it off on our website! All vehicles welcome!

Fog lights

A Place to Discuss Modifications done to your cars.

Moderators: GlassWolf, William from NOLA

JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Fog lights

Post by JeremyC »

Well guys my fog light are in (pics will be up this weekend) and I wanted to do a quick review of them, cargodz, and piia lights in case anyone needs some info.

The lights are a honda factory knockoff, and hook up exactly as the factory lights do. They tie into all the same harnesses, and function exactly how the factory lights would (in reguards to the low/high beams)

All in all they are a great set for the money (half the price of the factory set). The casings are well made, and the harness was put together with alot of care. The mounting system is kinda cheesy, but its exactly the same as the system honda uses.

Now they aren't without fualt. They use a switch designed to look like the honda switch, but the back lighting is white instead of red, and they don't dim with the rest of the lighting. So the switch tends to stand out like a sore thumb.

That being said. They are well worth the money. Even if you are as anal as me, and decide to bye the factroy switch off of honda.

Ok now for Mike (cargodz). All I can say is thanks. Not only did he cut me a hell of a deal on the fog lights, and upgraded bulbs, but he even took the time to research shipping, so he could save me every penny he could. He even offered me some cheaper options to the lights I wanted, just so I knew all my options and could save some more if I wanted to.

Thats what I call excellent service, and I look forward to dealing with him in the future.

Ok now for the bulbs. I have used many diffrent bulbs over the years, and the best I have had to date have been PIAAs. IMO they are the best factory replacment bulb on the market. They last forever, put out a ton of light, and don't fade like alot of your cheaper knock offs do. So I ordered two sets of PIAA extream whites, http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html and I couldn't be happier.
smoker
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4126
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:00 am
Location: florence, ky
Contact:

Post by smoker »

cool.......mikes a helluva guy, ive never bought from him but ive talked to him a few times and hes very knowledgable and fair
JeremyC
Master of My Domain
Posts: 2329
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JeremyC »

smoker wrote:cool.......mikes a helluva guy, ive never bought from him but ive talked to him a few times and hes very knowledgable and fair
And the same goes for you. I haven't purchased anything from you yet, but your always there if I need you, and I know you will take good care of me.
User avatar
GlassWolf
Master of My Domain
Posts: 6725
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:00 am
Location: Columbia, SC
Contact:

Post by GlassWolf »

I have a set of Hella 550 driving lamps (white) and fog lamps (white and yellow lenses) and they are outstanding if you have the money for them, as well.
Image
GlassWolf (aka KikiTheCat)
moderator-administrator
cargodz
Master of My Domain
Posts: 4771
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:21 am
Location: NW Ohio
Contact:

Post by cargodz »

Wow Jeremy, I couldn't have asked for props like that from my own kids... Thanks :happy055: and I'm glad your happy with them, cause that's what counts :)
And I definately look forward to seeing the pics.
-Michael
http://www.teamcargodzinc.com :thumbsup
Hear It, See It, Feel It, Punch It!
And Proud Sponsor of
Team Wolf Pack Audio
Authorized Dealer
Post Reply