Page 1 of 1

Led lights

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:57 am
by Battousai
I'm thinking of putting lights under my dash for a blue glow effect and am wondering if I should go with neon tubes ,led tubes, or led strips. I saw some at Auto Zone and i want to know What u guys think.
Thanks

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:32 am
by neumann
If i were to get any lighting i would go with cathodes. They are brighter and cheaper than neons, you can get them at http://www.oznium.com/cathodes

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:38 am
by swimmerdude
Go with the cathodes!!!! Just like Neumann said, they get brighter and are cheaper.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:43 am
by cargodz
I don't know about the cathodes... so I have no opinion there, but between the two (neon & Led), I would go with the Led lights as they are built a little more durable and tend to last longer than the neons... plus the Led lights are more directional and brighter. Just my 2cents.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:38 am
by Bwcad1
led over cathodes/neon

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:06 am
by smoker
depends on the mounting as well, leds are a lot more directional than neon tubes so if they get too close to the area you want to shine the light on then it doesnt disperse as much as you want it to.

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:48 am
by Battousai
Do you guys think should go with the strips or the tubes?

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:52 pm
by brtnboarder3241
i had a cathode in trunk..fell of subs sumhow broke it..weird thing was the bulb inside was broke and the tubing/glass around it dint have a crack...hmm..