Page 1 of 1

sub HELP

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:35 pm
by hairbndlvr
I need some help from the experts! The new system is great but it lacks richness..... I need a SUB. I have gotten 2 opinions on the way to go and would like some input from the board members. 1. Go with a Resonant RE 12 sub with a custom built sealed box. 2. My installer says I should go with a Alumapro BP8. He says it very efficient and the sound is incredible. I have been told band pass is a BAD THING. And the RE can not be beat in its class.
The system is as follows 96 chrysler voyager (minivan) alpine 9831 deck alpine frv450 5 channel amp. (200 watt rms for the sub). and CDT speakers components in the doors 5 1/4 in the dash 6 1/2 midbass in the back. Any input on these 2 options would be great. Thanks

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:55 pm
by Justin from Detroit1
How much does he want for that box? I wouldn't use a bandpass for daily driving.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:00 pm
by 6three6mafia6
that RE 12 would be a perfect match for that amp 200rms, since you got limited power i would recommend you port that box, a 12 re sealed would be VERY tame, if you want just a little low end then that sealed would be great , if want some real bass in there go with the ported, sealed offers the best sound quality but its the output is not as much as other boxes, ported gets way louder and can keep pretty good sound quality, bandpass gets really really loud but is the worst for sound quality, GENERALY , but that re 12 fits perfect in youre situation.