Page 1 of 1

FYI on security code

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:36 am
by 71buickfreak
I know this thread was closed, but I want to clarify something. While I agree some people do fraudelent things, I did some checking on this guy (since I can help) and I found his auction where he bought the radio from an ebay seller who has a 100% positive feedback rating. This probably means it is not stolen, its pretty easy to set a sec. code on kenwood and not realize you did it. So, don't burn this guy down because other people suck. this guy purchased the unit in good faith on ebay.

here is the link where he purchased it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 46406&rd=1

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:09 am
by Ryan from Ohio
I closed the thread so it did not go any further.

In the end the guy needs to get the correct code from the seller.

There is an alternative method I have heard of but wont comment publicly.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:27 am
by 71buickfreak
I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:48 pm
by Scarrell
nvm

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:17 pm
by dmeyer07
71buickfreak wrote:I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.

Does Alpine CDA 9851 have sec. code?

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:18 pm
by dmeyer07
71buickfreak wrote:I know, I know the bypass, and I would never disclose it on a forum, that would be irresponsible and defeat the purpose! I just wanted everyone to know, so they wouldn't think this guy is a thief. I can't tell you how many times I have had a customer come in because they locked up their own radio and didn't realize it. its pretty easy to turn it on.
Does Alpine CDA 9851 have sec. code?

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:44 am
by Ryan from Ohio
wow a double post on a resurected topic....word :surprised

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:29 am
by dmeyer07
Basstronics wrote:wow a double post on a resurected topic....word :surprised

Sorry it was an accident, the page didnt' load right so i just reclicked post and it came up twice...

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:55 am
by GlassWolf
I believe Alpine still uses removable faceplates instead of security codes exclusively.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:26 pm
by dmeyer07
oh, ok.
thanks kiki