Page 1 of 1
Michigan Beats Norte Dame
Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:37 pm
by JASON96R
Yes, they did this a few hours ago, but I am still pumped up. Michigan was ranked 11th Norte Dame 2nd, and haven't won at South Bend or a road opener I believe in 7 years. Also, watching ESPN and other media sources earliar this week Michigan had no right being on the same field as the Irish, but yet they make God(Brady Quin) and his son (Jeff Samardidja sp) and the rest of the Norte Dame football team look like a Div2 team. Oh yeah here is to Michigan and Ohio State going to "The Game" undefeated, whoever wins play for the National Championship. Also, the best rivalry in all of sports is Michigan and OSU not the Yankees and Red Sox.
Final score 47-21

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:18 pm
by kevinberry1
JASON96R wrote:Yes, they did this a few hours ago, but I am still pumped up. Michigan was ranked 11th Norte Dame 2nd, and haven't won at South Bend or a road opener I believe in 7 years. Also, watching ESPN and other media sources earliar this week Michigan had no right being on the same field as the Irish, but yet they make God(Brady Quin) and his son (Jeff Samardidja sp) and the rest of the Norte Dame football team look like a Div2 team. Oh yeah here is to Michigan and Ohio State going to "The Game" undefeated, whoever wins play for the National Championship. Also, the best rivalry in all of sports is Michigan and OSU not the Yankees and Red Sox.
Final score 47-21
I have to say that I agree whole-heartedly. I am a huge college FB fan and big Notre Dame hater. The arrogance of their fans is unsurpassed, and the media is in love with them, which annoys me to no end. How can a station have a contract with one team, the Notre Dame Broadcasting Channel (NBC). I also hate how Notre Dame avoids sharing all bowl revenue in football by remaining 'independent' while they play in the Big East for other sports.
I watched almost the entire game today and was smiling the entire time. Nothing better than seeing the Golden Domers get spanked at home, except maybe the Miami Thugs get spanked by Louisville after trying to instigate a pre-game fight. Even though my team lost tonight, it definitely was an awesome day for college football!!
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:04 pm
by JASON96R
I guess my disdain for ND was obvious in the post.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:20 am
by CaptainPioneer
heheh I like Michigan but if there is a game on and Notre Dame is playing against another team I usually go with ND... unless of course North Carolina is Playin

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:17 am
by dveeg
just wait til those Spartans get ahold of Notre Dame this coming Saturday...
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:32 am
by JASON96R
Yep, I hope sparty beats Norte Dame too. I love how the media seems to be throwin Norte Dame under the bus now. Still seems like they want to blame ND for all the turnovers etc. instead of giving Michigan their due, they are I just want more of it. Lou Holtz between drooling all over himself made it sound like Michigan won because they had kids on scholarship and ND did not. Mark May who I do not like was like what? That was a little while after the game.
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:00 am
by Jonathan
Lou Holtz is an f'in idiot. He used to be a great coach WAY back in the day, but it's like he's gone crazy lately or something. I guess being at South Carolina didn't do him any good, as they haven't given Spurrier any favors
I was glad to see the Michigan victory myself. I don't think Notre Dame was good enough to stay in the top 10.
The powerhouses lie in the SEC this year. LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee could lock horns with anybody and emerge victorious if they play up to their potential. Auburn and Florida being the strongest as of now, though Georgia continues to improve despite the rookie quarterback. Toss up. You can bet whichever one goes undefeated will be in the national championship, and will probably open up a major can of whoop-ass when they get there
