Page 1 of 2

Sound Problems

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:28 pm
by Syris
I just got a New but used Dual 7510 receiver.
Have no manual, website wont have info on it until October 1.(its a new model)
Black to Black
Red to Red
When I have Yellow to Yellow a popping sound continues until I pull the 2 wires apart. The unit will play audio but cuts out every other second which sounds like a popping real quick through the speakers.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:14 pm
by Syris
Fixed Problem

Disconected all wires including speakers

rewired only yellow red and black

few pops and it quit....

1 problem has led to another though.

Now I cant get any sound to play through at all. Radio nor cd will play any sounds through speakers.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm
by two4fifteen
dual isn't exactly synanamous with quality... it may just be a bad hu

a good hu is worth investing in, even as little as 150 can get something pretty decent, like a premier.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:53 pm
by audiofreak12
I have a Clarion dxz545MP that would love for you to make you it's new owner. It plays MP3's and WMA's too. It could stand a cleaning but other than that there are no problems. I also have a Kenwood HU for sale. Its the last year model of this one http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EO4lLFZr7K ... ay=Kenwood I'd take $100 bucks for either of 'em if your interested. The Kenwood is in perfect shape, I baught it in January and used it until May then sold the truck and took it out.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:04 pm
by Syris
well ive already decided if this one dont fly im only going with pioneer the rest of the time

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:26 am
by TechSys
That Clarion 545MP is a real nice unit. I ran one for quite a while, still have it for backup.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:40 am
by Syris
well I know I can get sound out of this unit. Just a matter of what I'm missin right now

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:05 am
by CaptainPioneer
The HU isnt really that good... Dual sprung up as a flashy looking HU that really doesnt perform well... personally THat Clarion is a great HU much better for you than that Dual

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:19 am
by Syris
Ok well Ive never had dual in my mind as a great cd player. But my sony that ive had for a few years is starting to crap out on me and I picked this dual up real cheap. I bet the clarion is nice but for a college student its hard to justify spending 100$ on another cd player.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:44 pm
by two4fifteen
im a college student as well. its called putting alittle aside and saving what you can to finally afford what you really want, not whats available NOW.