Page 1 of 7
My dream sub
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:25 pm
by 15inches
This post really isnt important but i was jus wondering...Kicker is one of my favorite sub brands and i have always wanted 1 (or more) of their Solo X series has any1 ever heard or tried 1? How do they sound? Id really like 2 know so if any1 knows anything about them 4rm experience, lrt me kno plz
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:29 pm
by Darthness
sucky.
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:45 pm
by JeremyC
Yeah I like kicker, but there L series subs suck. High failure rate, crappy SQ, all around bad design. Now their round subs are a diffrent story. I have installed tons, and only had one go bad.
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:47 pm
by MobileAudio219
yeah, they arent the most pleasant sounding sub I've ever heard, but they do get pretty loud.. A guy hit something like 152 dbs with 2 of them today at the comp.... I dont think I would recommend them for a daily driver...
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:58 pm
by two4fifteen
id rather have two 15 CompVX's than their solo x's personally...
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:24 pm
by High Society
Yes stick with there round subs. And get a new dream sub. Theres plenty out there.
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:38 pm
by brent
High Society wrote:Yes stick with there round subs. And get a new dream sub. Theres plenty out there.
LOL. If only they still made their product in stillwater.
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:53 pm
by solacedagony
brent wrote:LOL. If only they still made their product in stillwater.
Let me guess, you're from Europe? I don't think most anyone else would know what stillwater was. I didn't until I went over there. lol
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:58 pm
by Bwcad1
he said solo X not l Jeremy and the solo x is a bad ass woofer. its only spl oriented and it does a damn good job at it. im not a kicker fan so thats hard for me to admit. but if you want to save some money and have sq get the hifonics atlas squares
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:18 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
I dont like square speakers, period.
There was a time when there was Stillwater Designs and they made the KICKER sub.
Yes I had 2 10's like that :)