Page 1 of 2

Project Decisions...grrrr!!!!

Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 pm
by Jonathan
I'm debating so many ideas right now it's ridiculous. Obviously I'm wanting a performance car, but I'm down to two options (help me out, guys)

1. Trans-am esque performance car. Probably a late 80s Fox body designed with handling in mind. Emphasis on a broad power band and good street manners, probably a 351W block since it's considerably stronger than the 5.0. Roughly 400-450hp with good street manners, hydraulic roller setup from Comp Cams, healthy cylinder heads (prob. AFR 185s), Barry Grant carb.

2. Street/Strip car, emphasis on getting maximum performance on pump gas. Similar to what you see in the Engine Masters challenges. Typical Ford hybrid of a windsor block with Cleveland style heads and a matching intake from CHI. Cam would probably be a solid roller, Holley dominator/Barry Grant carburetion. Built C6 transmission. Probably a 408 stroker with a goal of 650hp and 600 lb/ft of torque, and able to make 500+ lb/ft from ~2500 on up (all motor, BTW)

decisions, decisions...

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:43 am
by Bwcad1
2 ftw

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:02 am
by OnYrMrk
That is great an all, but what kind of stereo???



j/k though


I would go with door number 2

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:07 am
by solacedagony
I wish I knew anything about cars and was able to help you decide :)

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:20 am
by two4fifteen
#2 just seems alil more enticing to me....

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:37 am
by Jonathan
Only things that hold me off of 2 are

1: With a solid roller cam, I'm going to have to constantly set valve lash.

2: Obviously the gas mileage will be crap with that much motor and that much power.

But still, 650hp on pump gas is ohhhhh so tempting :D

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:53 am
by JASON96R
How about you get a light A body muscle car. 67-69 Cuda, Duster, Valiant (Mopar Bias) along with a 340 or other small block that can rev quickly and make good power. Then you could possibly build both in one car. A 2 for one deal.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:04 am
by OnYrMrk
cause mopar sucks...right KiKi???

lol...j/k

I would look for an amc javelin, place a 428 in it, screw the AMC fans, screw the ford fans and light a fire under your butt

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:36 am
by Jonathan
JASON96R wrote:How about you get a light A body muscle car. 67-69 Cuda, Duster, Valiant (Mopar Bias) along with a 340 or other small block that can rev quickly and make good power. Then you could possibly build both in one car. A 2 for one deal.

Because A bodies have the aesthetics of a dog turd :D If I did a mopar, it would definately be a coke bottle Charger, probably the best looking car of the era.

The other reason is because I'm married and I have a daughter ;) One is going to be expensive enough, not even counting the necessary tranny, rear axle, and chassis upgrades I'll have to do to be able to handle the extra power. The builds somewhat oppose one another.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 pm
by MobileAudio219
I think you so go with a fox body stang but keep it fuel injected ftw... :happy055: