Page 1 of 2
Fat Mat
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
A few years back I inquired Fat Mat for some samples for the purpose of a review. The emails back and forth were very prompt and problem free. I recieved the Samples in a very fast fashion.
For this reason I decided to order from them now that Im ready to dampen my vehicle.
I sent in a money order on 6/20/06. Now 17 days later I still dont have my Fat Mat. I still have not received ANY response two my emails (site says they will respond within 24 Hours!). I have got an answering machine for "Renee" on one occasion and "Im sorry were not accepting calls" on another.
DO NOT DEAL WITH OR ORDER FROM THEM.
Its become aparent they have bailed, are scamming or possibly so busy they dont keep up with their word.
Again,
DO NOT BUY FAT MAT
Thank You,
Ryan
Your friendly forum Admin/owner

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:28 pm
by sinister audio
Ryan i can give you a really good deal if your looking for some Second Skin. Sorry for the scamming that always sucks.
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:20 am
by MobileAudio219
That sucks, keep us updated.
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:26 am
by Ryan from Ohio
http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... 38&frm=284
There feedback tells a story. It also tells if you leave them a negative, even for a legit reason, they will leave one for you also...
I highly advise ANYONE looking into dampening solutions to NOT LOOK INTO FAT MAT.
They calim to answer all emails and to do so in 24 Hours. Yet with my experience they do not nor ever answer e mails.
I have emailed them and requested them to cancel my order, send back my money order if not cashed or send me $$$ if it has been. If they send me mat Im going to send it back.
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:59 am
by Chris from Washington
Ryan, that link doesn't work.
Link fixed

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:55 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Wow they finally answered one of my emails, the one that said CANCEL ORDER as the subject...
I guess as long as they can jerk you around its cool. As soon as they see money is being lost then they answer...
The response:
Ok we did get it and will send it back for you.
Thank You
Chris
Fatmat Sound Control
http://www.fatmat.com
[email protected]
1-866-4-Fatmat
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:31 pm
by TechSys
Ryan, a couple years ago I ordered Fatmat. It was quite a bit but not enough to actually do my whole car. I still haven't received the order. I've tried contacting them. I've talked to Paypal customer service. Paypal says they have a fraudlegent (sp) account or link to one somewhere. Fatmat says that paypal froze thier account.
I did, finally, get the money back though. It took a lot of crap with paypal, but they did it.
I will never order from them again.
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:12 pm
by The_spacemonkey
The product is lackluster at best anyways. Your better off getting something of quality like second skin.
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:43 pm
by jonnyb
or raammatt.
stuff's top notch.
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:01 pm
by Ryan from Ohio
Ok,
They were at least friendly and speedy about returning the Money Order. It was received today.