Page 1 of 2
X-Box 360
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:07 pm
by High Society
Anyone have one around here. I was thinkin bout gettin one and splitting the price with my sister. I read some things on it that it overheats and locks up. But those were the first gens. I really wanna play Fifa 06 on that bad boy ( I love futbol) But before I buy I was wanting some input on it if anyone has one. My buddy had one and we played fight night 03 and it was badass.
I don't have HDtv, no surround, so don't go into detail on those specs of the 360. Oh and is the extra 100 for the pro package worth it?
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:29 pm
by Darthness
i want one myself, but i have more important things to buy. gotta save for a new car system.
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:34 pm
by JL Man
if you dont have integrated hdtv it's really not worth it man, i had one for about a month. i started comparing it with the regular xbox on 2 t.v.'s side by side. the only real difference it the the 360 has more pixels with a lil bit clearer presentation. if you want a new gaming system wait until september and pre-order a ps3
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:28 pm
by NViejeP
Get a PS3. I used to sell resell Xbox 360s. Could've got one for kind of cheap, but they're not that great from what I hear.
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:55 pm
by High Society
The ps2 will be like 600-800 right? That is just redick. I mean the pics I saw for bball games, and soccer games were fantastic.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:37 am
by solacedagony
High Society wrote:Anyone have one around here. I was thinkin bout gettin one and splitting the price with my sister. I read some things on it that it overheats and locks up. But those were the first gens. I really wanna play Fifa 06 on that bad boy ( I love futbol) But before I buy I was wanting some input on it if anyone has one. My buddy had one and we played fight night 03 and it was badass.
I don't have HDtv, no surround, so don't go into detail on those specs of the 360. Oh and is the extra 100 for the pro package worth it?
From what I understand (I don't play consoles but a whole bunch of my friends are all into that stuff), some of the CORE systems have defects in them. So if you get the 400$ one, you should be safe from that defect.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:38 am
by JL Man
High Society wrote:The ps2 will be like 600-800 right? That is just redick. I mean the pics I saw for bball games, and soccer games were fantastic.
they are gonna put out 2 versions just like the 360, 1 is gonna be like 500 and the other will be about 700-800. the pre-orders start in september, only a million are being sent out first.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:24 am
by High Society
I ment the ps3 when I wrote that but you guys figured it out. But shit that is way to much money tho...I mean when I played the 360 I loved it....And if you do get the ps3 it will take awhile for good games to come out, where as the 360 halo 3 baby!!
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:32 am
by MobileAudio219
Our wal-mart almost always had them in stock down here. My cousin bought one right when they first came out, had to send it back and get it replaced, which only took around 3 days due to microsofts fast turn around. My other cousin bought one and it was fine... I've only played it a few times, but I dont think I would spend the money on it, then I'm not a big gamer either.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:50 am
by GlassWolf
800 bucks for a toy.. hell no wonder I never had kids.