Page 1 of 1

Amp Distortion?

Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:51 pm
by Minorthreat412
Alright, I have to find out why every subwoofer that I put in my car wants to sort of "pop" as the bass hits. Sort of like they're clipping.

This could be three things.

-The box is not right for the speaker.

-Stuff is rattling in my car to make it sound like they're clipping.

-Maybe a ported box that has a lot of leaks in it?

-or it's my amplifier that just makes them sound like crap.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it possible for an amp to make subs sound different than other subs?

I can change the freq and HU settings all I want but I just can't get rid of the popping noise. Please help, I have no idea what to do.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:38 pm
by ridr4lif
Sounds to me like either the HU or the AMP.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:34 pm
by smoker
i see a lot of people set their system up where that happens and usually the gain is too high...they crank the gain to make up for not enough power

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:03 pm
by Bwcad1
yea sounds like the gain

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:30 pm
by Minorthreat412
It does it even when the gain is down very low. What can I do to give my system more power? Another battery? HO Alternator? What's the best way to come at this on a low budget?

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:45 am
by solacedagony
They were referring to power as in how much your amplifier can deliver to your sub, not electrical power to feed your amplifiers.

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:14 pm
by ridenlow
sell your amp to some fool and go buy a better amp