Page 1 of 1
MTX, Kicker, or Rockford?
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:52 am
by Minorthreat412
I'm buying news subs for my MTX 3401(which puts out 200WRMS to each sub) and I'm choosing between MTX, Kicker, and Rockford.
MTX T551044
Kicker Comp VR
Rockford P2 or P3(if i have the money for P3's)
Any advice on choosng?
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:09 am
by Bwcad1
vr hands down the others suck.
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:35 am
by sinister audio
id use the VR or an american bass DX
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:08 am
by NorthQuad
I'm very happy with my Kicker CVR's, they perform great with any type of music.
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:45 am
by swimmerdude
I vote for the Kickers. I have 2 15" and they are great subs for the money.
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:56 pm
by kevinberry1
I would recommend the VR's also, but you may want to consider a different amp for them. 200 watts a piece won't get you very much with those subs. I ran two with 300 watts at first, but with 450 watts a piece they sounded great.
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:37 pm
by swimmerdude
With my 15's, i got them from my brother and he only had 200rms going to each and they are rated at 500rms. They were decently loud for the lower amount of watts they were receiving. If your on a budget and cant sell the amp and get a bigger one, it will work for now. But there is plenty of room to make them get louder. I bet with a ported box and that amp, you will be happy with them.
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:43 pm
by MobileAudio219
the vrs for sure.. :happy055:
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:19 pm
by tx_vw_bug_man
i cracked the cone on my p3 and i never hit the peak wattage
also broke a cone on a p1
so i would go with the kickers
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:38 pm
by Minorthreat412
Funny situation. I got the wrong voice coil kickers yesterday. They were dual 4 ohm instead of dual 2. So i went to return them and they didn't have any in stock. So, instead I got the guy to go down about 60 dollars on a pair of 12 inch diamond D1's. Got them for about 130 each after tax and what not. They sounded like crap in this shitty box that I had. I got so mad i just went ahead and put them in my bandpass box. Tuned it. and they sound Fing MARVELOUS!!
Well, I have another question as of right now. These subs are rated 250 WRMS and my amp is rated 200WRMS to each speaker. I was just wondering if it was possible for me to hurt the subs at all. I have them tuned as good as it gets. I'm just a little scared because I can't hear how they sound inside the bandpass box. They never seem to top out, They just get louder and louder.(I would not dare to max these things out.)
I've heard rumors about "if the subs wattage is more than the amp's then you shouldn't be able to damage them"
is this true or not?
Thank you.